Monday, October 29, 2007

Shel Silverstein

Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”

Shel Silverstein is my favorite author from childhood. When you saw him you just wanted to reach out and rub his big bald head! His poetry was more than imagination, it was enlightenment. His intent - to teach the parents a lesson - not the child. A Light in the Attic is brilliant.

1 comment:

  1. Megan i just have to say that first off i am reading your blog and even signed on to add a comment. I have to agree with you regarding Shel Silerstein. He was the very first book i read and my favorite as a child. It was the Giving Tree. I absolutely love that book and all its meaning. (which to me at the young age was a tree that thought) Well gotta go!

    ReplyDelete