Saturday, January 3, 2009

All things end. A good book. A good dish. A good bottle of wine.
Some things end that should. Some things end that shouldn’t. Some things end that should have never started.
My search for motherhood has ended. An ending to what was never even a beginning. I was never going to get pregnant. I was never going to give birth. My DNA predestined me to a life of childlessness.
I have accepted this and I am moving forward.
I am now asking that others respect my privacy, respect my decision, and allow me the space to find peace and move on.

2 comments:

  1. So are you giving up on biological children and adopted children too? I hope not to the second. You would be such an amazing mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that you would be an amazing mother, but I absolutely repect your choice, as I expect others to repect my choice. And, one thing that I always try to remember: you cannot have a new beginning without an "old" ending.

    ReplyDelete